Monday, April 7, 2008

Treasure Hunting (geocaching)


After leaving the beautiful ocean I have gone through some withdrawal pains from surfing. I still find myself turning on surf videos and getting as close to our TV with a balance board in tow. The sounds of the ocean hitting the shore and feeling of gliding down a wave are such amazing feelings. What can I say other than I miss it. I have realized that I need to start doing more activities to challenge my mind and enjoy nature.

So I starting Mountain Biking which is fun but it is continuous and you miss out on the beautiful nature while dodging, ducking, and diving. this has led me to develop a new hobby. I am excited to start treasure hunting also known as geocaching (check out more http://www.geocaching.com/). This is a fun activity/hobby that involves using a Hiking GPS to find different things people have left in wierd areas sometimes their backyards or on top of a mountain. Some people try and send things across the country like the pony express with different drop off points. So this is exciting for me. I like to find stuff and then go and setup a slackline and sit back and enjoy God's creation minus the beautiful waves.

No comments: