Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Lessons from the Honeymoon















So I just got back from our honeymoon. It was a blast. We went to Maui and stayed on the westside of the island. I learned a lot of lessons but two resound very loud in my life.



  1. During the trip, I was able to watch the sunset every night. During these sunsets I would sit with the lovely wife and just be in awe. I miss those feelings of awe. To think that the sun sets and rises everyday and we are surround by God's creation at every turn (unless in a concrete jungle) and we get caught up in what's next and don't see the what's now. I don't know how to make a change to focus more on the beauty in creation but I pray that I will be able to stop more and see and taste what is good.

  2. This lesson was a sad reality for me but is necessary to share. It two years for Jennifer and I to have a honeymoon. I never realized the importance of this time to share and be with one another. During the first few days, I felt ashamed that I failed to notice the importance of this time. To be with one another and not have any outside distractions and be able to enjoy talking, travelling, and other stuff :-) is so important. I really would like to make sure that I take time to plan extended periods of time to enjoy one another. Otherwise, we get stuck in focusing on our jobs, family, anything but each other.

I learned a lot of lessons during the honeymoon but these are two major highlights. Cheers to you and yours.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wonderful post. how true is the lesson of connecting? wow. the innocent connecting is central to a great 1st year of marriage.

it is always nice to get away from everything and focus on the one and only person.

Lance and Jennifer Ahl said...

Indeed my brother